Friday, January 26, 2018

Butler T-shirt Quilt - Finished

Hi there!  I have a finished t-shirt quilt to share with you all today.  I really do love t-shirt quilts, because of how they celebrate a past and carry so many memories.  <3

I shared the story and process of this particular quilt on this post.


I went back and forth about the border (with the help of those of you who sent me messages), and I finally decided on the gray because I thought the ombre effect would be especially striking with the gray sashing.  Thank you all who helped me pick. <3


I did something different with the quilting on this one, than I have in the past.  I quilted through the designs, instead of around them, which the exception of a couple that had designs that were particularly thick.  I was afraid that my machine might skip and leave holes in those.  But I'm pleased with the overall quilting effect, and it was easier to quilt over the designs than I thought.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!


I'm linking up today with Finish it up Friday!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! on your newly completed T-Quilt. It is possible to quilt through most t-shirt designs. It's fun to highlight some of the designs, too!

    ReplyDelete